I just wanted to let everyone know the story of The Wright Hair. I am fairly new to blogging about hair but I have been doing my little girls hairstyles since the day my oldest daughter was born. The first thing out of the doctors mouth was I hope you ordered a girl full of hair. When my 2nd daughter arrived we were not so lucky with the hair genes. She has thin short hair. It was with the frustrations I had trying to do my 2nd ones hair that I decided to start this blog. I figured if I struggled this much there must be others struggling too. I am a working mom and getting my girls ready every morning is the best time of the day for me. This is a time we get to bond without other distractions. Right now my girls and I are enjoying our time together. I am sure it will only be a short time before my oldest wants to do her own hair. But for now we invite you to join us on the Wrights Journey through hair. Because of being a working mom, sometimes we will do fancy dos and sometimes quick dos, other times the do's are dont's but we welcome everyone to come along for the ride.

Thursday

Make it or Break it More Lauren Fun Braids

We have so much fun with Lauren's Braids on the TV Show Make it or Break it. 
I started with a far lateral part.
I made 2 french braids down each side of her head.  The tricky part is leaving a small amount of hair on her crown out of the braid.  (This is shown in the picture 2 below here)
The braid on her left starts clear over by her part and goes across the front of her head.  I made this a loose braid to give a poof in the front.
Shown below is the 2 braids completed while leaving a small amount of hair not braided in the center of the 2 braids.  I did this because I didn't want braid lines.
I then pulled all the hair into a ponytail.  Once the hair was in the ponytail I braided the remaining hair.
I then took all 3 braids and pulled them around the ponytail and secured with a clear elastic.
I used bobbie pins to pull the braids apart and give an even look for the bun.

1 comment:

  1. that is so cute!! i love the Show Make it or Break it!! it is so good!! whenever i watch it i look at Laurens hair!

    ReplyDelete